Printed Batteries Market Highlights 2020-2029
The printed batteries market is estimated to grow with a significant CAGR during the forecast period, i.e., 2021-2029. The demand for the printed batteries is increasing owing to the increase in the electronics market numbers. The use of printing in cell fabrications offers numerous benefits, including higher flexibility of form factor, low cost, and ease in production than other simple batteries. The market demand for electronic devices including watches, mobile phones, wearable medical devices has increased the printed batteries demand. Furthermore, the integration of the printed batteries in advanced electronic devices is way more manageable, which is likely to fuel the market's growth in the forecast period. In addition, printing technology allow simple and low cost up-scaling with rapid technology transfer.
Based on the voltage type, the below 1.5 voltage segment is anticipated to register the fastest growth rate across the regions, over the forthcoming years. These batteries are used in numerous applications, including smart labels, wearable electronics, medical devices, and other electronic devices.
The market is segmented on applications into energy, wearable technology, smart packaging, consumer electronics, medical devices, smart cards, etc. The consumer electronics segment is expected to capture a significant market share in the forecast period due to significant technology applications. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT
Printed Batteries Market Regional Synopsis
Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa region. The North America market accounted for the significant market share in 2020. In North America, the primary applications for the printed batteries include wearable devices, smart packaging, and smart cards. Moreover, major printed battery manufacturers, including Ultralife Corporation, Blue Spark Technologies, and BrightVolt, are present in North America and thus in turn supporting the market growth for printed batteries in the region. The Asia Pacific market is predicted to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period for printed batteries due to increased consumer electronics and medical devices industries. In May 2019, Southwest Electronic Energy (SWE) got acquired by Ultralife Corporation. SWE is one of the global battery solutions providers. This acquisition strengthened the extensive portfolio of charger and battery technologies of Ultralife Corporation and advanced its technical expertise to new industry segments.
The global printed batteries market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis.
Our in-depth analysis of the global printed batteries market includes the following segments:
By Product Type
- Wearable technology
- Smart Packaging
- Consumer Electronics
- Medical devices
- Smart Cards
- Increase in the Usage of Wireless Sensors Attired with Printed Batteries.
- Continuing Compactness of Electronic Devices.
- High Investment Requirement in Research and Development
- Fabrication Difficulty of Thin Film Lithium-Ion Batteries
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Cymbet Corporation
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Enfucell Oy
- Imprint Energy Inc.
- Blue Spark Technologies Inc.
- BrightVolt Inc.
- NEC Corporation
- Planar Energy Devices Inc.
- Xymox Technologies Inc.
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.
- Other prominent players