Packaging Automation Market Overview
Packing automation is defined as a packaging of a product completed by machines or robots. It protects the product from physical damage. Packing automation machines help to lower down the cost of packaging and it helps to decrease the labor cost and minimize damages during material handling. Packing automation helps the manufacturers to deliver more products in less time.
Market Size and Forecast
The global packaging automation market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.2% over the forecast period i.e. 2017-2024. Further, packaging automation market is anticipated to reach USD 61.2 billion globally by 2024. This significant growth can be attributed to the rising demand for packaging automation from food and beverages sector, healthcare sector and others. Moreover, with 28% market share in 2016, palletizing by type is the dominating segment in overall packaging automation market and it is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period.
In terms of region, Europe is expected to dominate the global packaging automation market over the forecast period. Additionally, Europe region in 2016 accounted for the highest market share of 36% of the overall packaging automation market. Europe is anticipated to witness significant growth owing to the presence of large number of industries. The major countries witnessing the augmented demand for packaging automation include U.K. and France.
Asia-Pacific region is the next biggest market holding the second largest market of packaging automation. Likely, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to witness significant growth owing to rapid industrialization accompanied by increasing manufacturing activities in this region during the forecast period. Furthermore, china automotive market share is expected to show considerable growth owing to rising demand for packaging automation from automotive industry. In addition to this, positive GDP figures of Asia-Pacific region are also expected to bolster the growth of packaging automation market by the end of 2024.
Latin America is also projected to show a tremendous growth over the forecast period owing to rapid urbanization.
Our in-depth analysis segmented the global packaging automation market in the following segments:
- Case Packaging
By Product Type
- Automated Packagers
- Packaging Robots
- Automated Conveyors and Sortation Systems
By End User
- Food and Beverages
- Logistics and Warehousing
- Semiconductor and Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
Global packaging automation market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers and Challenges
The factors driving the growth of packaging automation market include rising safety concerns among the manufacturers and growing adoption of automation packaging due to high productivity. Further, strict safety regulation is believed to bolster the growth of automation packing market. Growing start up industries and increasing adoption for the packaging automation technology in developing nations are also envisioned to bolster the growth of packaging automation market.
Moreover, increasing advanced technological developments such as autonomous robots, packaging robots, digital manufacturing and others are anticipated to be the dynamic factor behind the growth of packaging automation market. Packaging automation market is growing on back of rapid urbanization and growing industrialization. Additionally, increased concerns for labor safety and adoption of automation to ensure quality production are also anticipated to grow the demand for packaging automation over the forecast period. Moreover, lack of skilled labor and rising per capita income of developing nations is expected to foster the growth of packaging automation market.
However, high initial investment associated with the packaging automation is anticipated to dampen the growth of global packaging automation market over the forecast period. Moreover, high maintenance associated with packaging automation is expected to hamper the growth of this market.
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
The major key players for packaging automation market are as follows
- Schneider Electric SE
- Company Overview
- Key Product Offerings
- Business Strategy
- SWOT Analysis
- Rockwell Automation
- Siemens AG
- ABB Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Automated Packaging Systems
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Beumer Group GmbH & Co.
- Swisslog Holding AG
Scope and Context
Overview of the Parent Market
The global packaging automation market is segmented as follows:
- By Function Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By End User Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Product Type Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Region Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
Supply & Demand Risk
Porter’s Five Force Model
Geographical Economic Activity
Key Players (respective SWOT Analysis) and their Strategies and Product Portfolio
Recent Trends and Developments
Industry Growth Drivers and Challenges
Key Information for players to establish themselves in current dynamic environment