Global Pediatric Dermatology Treatment Market Highlights 2022 – 2030
The global pediatric dermatology treatment market is estimated to garner a large amount of revenue and grow at a robust CAGR over the forecast period, i.e., 2022 – 2030. The growth of the market can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of skin disorders around the world, and rise in awareness levels associated with the progression of dermatology diseases. As per the World Psoriasis Day consortium, as of 2020, 125 million people around the world were suffering from psoriasis, which is about 2 to 3 percent of the total population. Along with these, growing incidences of weakened immune systems among children as a result of sedentary lifestyle is also expected to drive significant growth to the market in the forthcoming years. Furthermore, high healthcare expenditures in developed countries, and surge in technological advancements to develop improved treatment options for skin diseases are projected to offer lucrative opportunities for market growth in the near future.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
The market is segmented by application into alopecia, erythromelalgia, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and others, out of which, the psoriasis segment is anticipated to hold the largest share in the global pediatric dermatology treatment market. This can be accounted to the increasing occurrence of psoriasis among children across the globe, and growing development of new medications for treating this condition. Additionally, on the basis of end user, the hospitals segment is assessed to acquire the largest share during the forecast period, which can be credited to the high preference of patients to be treated by a healthcare professional in a hospital facility. Apart from this, high number of admissions in hospitals is also predicted to fuel the market segment growth in the future.
Major Macro-Economic Indicators Impacting the Market Growth
According to the statistics by the World Health Organization, the global per capita healthcare expenditure amounted to USD 1,064.741 in the year 2017. The worldwide healthcare expenditure per person grew from USD 864.313 in 2008 to USD 1,110.841 in 2018, where the U.S. is the top country that amounted to healthcare expenditure of USD 10, 623.85 per capita in 2018. As of 2018, the domestic general government healthcare spending in the U.S. was USD 5355.79, which grew from USD 3515.82 in 2008. These are some of the factors responsible for market growth over the past few years. Moreover, as per the projections by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the estimated average annual percent change related to National Health Expenditures (NHE) in the U.S. was 5.2% in 2020 as compared to 2019 (4.5%). Furthermore, the National Health Expenditures are projected to reach USD 6,192.5 Billion in 2028, where the per capita expenditure is estimated to touch USD 17,611 in the same year. These are notable indicators that are anticipated to create lucrative business opportunities in upcoming years.
Global Pediatric Dermatology Treatment Market Regional Synopsis
On the basis of geographical analysis, the global pediatric dermatology treatment market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa region. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to witness noteworthy growth over the forecast period on the back of large patient pool and growing number of incidences of dermatology diseases among children in the region. Moreover, the market in North America is expected to occupy the largest share during the forecast period ascribing to the high healthcare spending, and increasing awareness about skin diseases in the region. As per the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the healthcare spending in the United States grew 4.6 percent in 2019, reaching a value of USD 3.8 trillion. As a share of the nation's Gross Domestic Product, health spending accounted for 17.7 percent that year. In addition, strong presence of pharmaceutical companies is also anticipated to bolster the market growth in the region in the coming years.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
The global pediatric dermatology treatment market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark), Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe), Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
Our in-depth analysis of the global pediatric dermatology treatment market includes the following segments:
By Drug Class
- Calcineurin Inhibitors
- Atopic Dermatitis
By End User
- Cosmetic Centers
- Increasing Prevalence of Skin Disorders Worldwide
- Rising Awareness Levels Associated with the Progression of Dermatology Diseases
- Side Effects of Certain Classes of Treatment Drugs
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Novartis AG
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Amgen Inc.
- AbbVie Inc.
- Almirall SA
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company