Global Offshore Support Vehicle Market Highlights 2022 – 2030
The global offshore support vehicle market is estimated to garner a large amount of revenue and grow at a CAGR of ~7% over the forecast period, i.e., 2022 – 2030. Escalating demand for dynamic positioning drilling rigs, and rapidly rising requirement of energy globally are expected to drive market growth in the forthcoming years. Furthermore, upsurge in the development of regasification terminals and intra-regional gas pipeline infrastructure is projected to offer ample growth opportunities to the market in the near future.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
The growth of the market can also be attributed to the increasing investments in the offshore oil & gas and renewable sectors, and growing number of deep-water exploration activities across the world. According to the International Energy Agency, the global oil and gas upstream capital spending was valued at USD 497 billion in 2019, up from USD 475 billion and USD 450 billion in 2018 and 2017 respectively.
The market is segmented by end user into oil & gas, patrolling, offshore wind, research & surveying, and others, out of which, the offshore wind segment is anticipated to observe notable growth in the global offshore support vehicle market. This can be accounted to the favorable government initiatives to promote the generation of clean energy and curb harmful GHF discharges. Apart from this, the oil & gas segment is assessed to gather the largest share during the forecast period owing to the growing investments in exploration and production (E&P) operations. Additionally, on the basis of vessel type, the anchor handling tug vessels (AHT) segment is predicted to occupy the largest share by the end of 2030 ascribing to the high usage of these type of vessels to supply equipment such as anchors, tugs and winches to hydrocarbon E&P sites.
Major Macro-Economic Indicators Impacting the Market Growth
In 2018, the world’s total energy supply was 14282 Mtoe, wherein the highest share in terms of source was captured by oil, accounting for 31.6%, followed by coal (26.9%), natural gas (22.8%), biofuels and waste (9.3%), nuclear (4.9%), hydro (2.5%), and other (2.0%). Where there was an increase in energy demand in 2018, the year 2019 witnessed slow growth as the energy efficiency improved owing to decline in the demand for cooling and heating. However, in 2020, the electricity demand decreased by 2.5% in the first quarter of 2020 due to the outbreak of Coronavirus resulting in government imposed shutdowns in order to limit the spread of the virus, which was further followed by shutdown of numerous business operations impacting their growth. This also resulted in decline of 5.8% in the worldwide CO2 emissions which was recorded to be five times larger than the one recorded during the global financial crisis in 2009. However, in 2021, the demand for oil, gas and coal is estimated to witness growth, which is further projected to create opportunities for market growth. Moreover, rising environment degradation and awareness related to climate change is motivating many key players to employ sustainable energy strategies and invest significantly in environment-friendly power generation technologies with an aim to promote sustainable development among various nations around the world. Such factors are anticipated to promote the growth of the market in upcoming years.
Global Offshore Support Vehicle Market Regional Synopsis
On the basis of geographical analysis, the global offshore support vehicle market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa region. The market in North America is estimated to witness noteworthy growth over the forecast period on the back of the rise in investments for E&P activities from oil & gas companies, and increasing production from conventional and unconventional oil reservoirs in the region. In addition, deployment of various clean energy initiatives is also expected to boost the market growth in the region in the coming years. As per the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, renewables made up about 20 percent of utility scale US electricity generation in 2020, whereas solar generation made up for 3.3 percent of the total electricity. Moreover, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to grab the largest share during the forecast period, which can be credited to the growing emphasis on exploring the untapped potential reserves, and surging number of vessel manufacturers in the region.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
The global offshore support vehicle market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark), Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe), Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
Our in-depth analysis of the global offshore support vehicle market includes the following segments:
By Vessel Type
- Anchor Handling Tug Vessels (AHT)
- Platform Supply Vessels (PSV)
- Crew Vessel
By End User
- Oil & Gas
- Offshore Wind
- Research & Surveying
- Increasing Investments in Offshore Oil & Gas and Renewable Sectors
- Growing Number of Deep-Water Exploration Activities
- Huge Capital Requirements for Offshore Projects
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Bourbon Corporation SA
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Tidewater Inc.
- Seacor Marine Holdings Inc.
- Maersk Supply Service A/S
- Solstad Offshore ASA
- MMA Offshore Limited
- Havila Shipping ASA
- Kawasaki Kishen Kaisha, Ltd
- Nam Cheong Offshore Pte Ltd
- Zamil Co.