Global Drip Irrigation Market Overview
Drip irrigation is the most effective method to use minimum quantity of water for higher yield. The aim was to enable small-scale and poor farmers to utilize efficiently marginal quantities of water and to cultivate home gardens and other land for the production of food needed for the family and some trade. Various field trials and research projects were implemented to give answers to key questions on the suitability and profitability of these techniques on a sustainable commercial basis for the millions of poor small farmers around the world. In drip irrigation, water is supplied separately to each plant in small, frequent and precise quantity through dripper emitters.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
Market Size & Forecast
Global drip irrigation market is anticipated to reach USD 4.3 billion by the end of 2023 witnessing a promising compound annual growth rate of 10.5% over the forecast period i.e.2016-2023 owing to the government initiatives to promote the drip irrigation systems.Geographically, Asia Pacific accounted for the highest market share of 52% by the end of 2015; the market is anticipated to be the most attractive market in terms of market growth, witnessing a compound annual growth rate of 13% over the forecast period.
Europe market for drip irrigation system is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 8.8% over the forecast period i.e. 2016-2023 owing to reduced arable land due to growth of industrialization in the region, government of European countries are taking initiatives to promote drip irrigation system in farms to boost the crop yield. Further, agricultural irrigation segment is anticipated to hold the largest market share followed by greenhouse irrigation over the forecast period owing to the increasing water scarcity, high production requirement and increasing adoption of irrigation tools in agricultural sector.
The water discharge pattern in these systems can be modified as per specific plant water requirements. Drip irrigation saves the water as the system irrigates the plant with controlled amount of water and enables the user to utilize saline water resources. Drip irrigation can be effectively used in barren lands, rolling topography, undulating terrain, barren lands, and areas with shallow soil layers.
Demand Analysis By Market Segmentation
Deep dive industry analysis has been carried out on the following component segments:-
- Pressure Gauge
- Drip Tube
By application, the global drip irrigation system market is analyzed on the following application:-
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Landscape Irrigation
- Greenhouse Irrigation
By Crop Types
- Field Crops
- Vegetable corps
- Orchard Crops
- Rest Crops
Global Drip Irrigation Market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers and Challenges
Rise in the global population has led to strong demand for agricultural products, this has further created the demand of large scale production in agricultural sector by the use of limited water resources, and this will further propel the demand of drip irrigation system across the globe.
Growing environmental concerns along with the global water shortage is anticipated to be the major factor behind the strong demand of effective irrigation system over the forecast period i.e. 2016-2023.
Drip irrigation system has resulted in to increased crop yield and better quality product by reducing soil erosion and low weed growth, farmers across the globe are adopting the drip irrigation system to improve the yield of crops with minimum use of water, and these factors are anticipated to shape the drip irrigation market over the forecast period.
High initial cost of system installation along with the sophisticated level of management is expected to hinder the market growth particularly in developing countries.
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- The Toro Company (U.S.)
- Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd. (India)
- Rain Bird Corporation (U.S.)
- Hunter Industries (U.S.)
- Lindsay Corporation (U.S.)
- EPC Industries Limited (India)
- Netafim Limited (Israel)
- Nelson Irrigation Corporation (U.S.)
- Valmont Industries, Inc. (U.S.)
- T-L Irrigation (U.S.)