Global Vitreoretinal Surgery Devices Market Overview
Vitreoretinal Surgery is conducted to treat eye complications associated to retina, macula and vitreous fluid. The complications included for vitreoretinal surgery consists of retinal detachment, uveitis and vitreous hemorrhage, macular degeneration, macular hole, epiretinal membrane or retinal detachment and problems connected to diabetic retinopathy. The various instruments, surgical equipment and tools, designed to assist surgeons perform the surgery come under the aegis of vitreoretinal surgery devices. Vitreoretinal surgery practices generally comprise of retinal tears, retinal detachments, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, ocular tumor treatment, ocular trauma and hereditary retinal disease treatment.
Market Size & Forecast
Vitreoretinal surgery devices market is anticipated to record a significant CAGR over the forecast period. Many multi-national companies are concentrating towards new product advances in vitreoretinal surgery devices. Moreover rising incidences of visual disorders due to changing lifestyle is further expected to impact the vitreoretinal surgery device market positively.
Over the previous years, the global market for vitreoretinal surgery devices has observed significant advancements in terms of the effortless accessibility of expert solutions, procedures and instruments, which allow for less intrusive techniques, lower the amount of pain to the eye, and head to decrease curative time and better patient conclusions. Advancements in the market continue at a fast rate and an escalating number of companies are manufacturing extremely hi-tech vitreoretinal surgery devices proficient of aiding the surgery procedure and the total effectiveness of the procedure. Moreover, rising geriatric population, increasing incidence of visual disorders and growing adoption of automated surgery devices among end users is expected to drive the market growth.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
On the basis of regional platform, global vitreoretinal surgery devices market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa region.
North America is estimated to lead largely the vitreoretinal surgery devices market over the forecast period. Europe follows after North America in vitreoretinal surgery devices market. North America is thus estimated to be the most profitable market during the forecast period in terms of opportunities.
Asia-Pacific region is estimated to show healthy growth due to the rising incidences of diabetic retinoplasty. Also, this market is expected to be mainly propelled by high geriatric population in this region and rising healthcare expenditure in China and India.
Our-in depth analysis of the global vitreoretinal surgery devices market includes the following segments:
By Surgery Type
- Anterior vitreoretinal surgery
- Posterior vitreoretinal surgery
- Vitrectomy surgery devices
- Photocoagulation surgery devices
- Illumination surgery devices
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Vitreoretinal Surgery Devices Market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers & Challenges
The global vitreoretinal surgery devices market is estimated to observe a strong growth throughout the forecast period due to growing geriatric population, rising frequency of optical ailments and elevating acceptance of automated surgery devices among end users. Escalating number of people deciding for eye surgeries for treatment of visual damage in low and middle revenue countries is also predicted to deliver soaring growth prospects for manufacturers of vitreoretinal surgery devices. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) there were nearly 285 million visually impaired people globally. Additionally, latest technological progresses like comfort in utility of the vitreoretinal surgery devices and automation is predicted to improve sales and upsurge adoption of vitreoretinal surgery devices through the forecast period.
Even though a vitreoretinal surgery is a comparatively painless procedure with a strong, successful track record in improving vision, the recovery from the surgery is often more challenging because patients must contend with the monotony, stress and discomfort of a 23-hour-a-day facedown-postoperative position which may act as a limit to the growth of global vitreoretinal surgery devices market.
Top Featured Companies Dominating The Market
- Alcon, Inc.
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Bausch & Lomb Inc.
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- MedOne Surgical, Inc.
- OCULUS Optikgeräte GmbH
- Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center International BV
- Designs For Vision Pty Ltd
- MedOne Surgical, Inc.
- Nidek Co. Ltd
- Peregrine Surgical