Introduction to Programmable Logic Device (PLD)
The programmable logic is an electronic component that is used for the reconfiguration of the digital circuits. It can be reprogrammed several number of times on the account of availability of the rewritable memory .It enhances the flexibility and increases the ease of the design of the program. The PLD (Programmable Logic Device) is used for the development of the integrated circuits. The various applications of the programmable logic device include automotive, consumer electronics and telecom sectors. It is a combination of the logic devices and memory devices.
Market Size and Forecast
The global programmable logic device (PLD) market is expected to grow at CAGR of around 18% during 2018-2027.The increasing focus of the various organizations towards reducing the power consumption and enhancing the efficiency of the business operations is anticipated to be the major reason driving the growth of the global programmable logic device (PLD) market during the forecast period.
The global programmable logic device market can be segmented on the basis of the product type, programming technology, by end-users. On the basis of product type, it is sub-segmented into read-only memory (ROM), simple programmable logic device (SPLDs), generic array logic (GAL), programmable array logic (PAL), complex programmable logic device (CPLDs), programmable logic array (PLA), field programmable gate array (FPGAs), high capacity programmable logic device (HCPLDs). On the basis of programming technology, it is sub-segmented into static ram, EPROM (UV Erasable), anti-fuse, EEPROM, flash. On the basis of end-user, it is sub-segmented into automotive, consumer electronics, industrial, data computing, telecom and others. The telecom sector is anticipated to be the leading sub-segment for the end-user segment. The telecom sector uses the large circuits framework which is anticipated to be the major reason fostering the growth of the sub-segment during the forecast period.
Increasing demand for the reprogrammable devices
The increasing demand for the reprogrammable devices on the account of low cost designs and it can be implanted on the single circuits. Thus, it is a major factor driving the global programmable logic device market during the forecast period.
Increased adoption of by various sectors
The growing adoption of the reprogrammable logic circuits by the various industries in order to enhance the business operations is anticipated to be the major reason driving the growth of the global programmable logic device market.
Complex design of the circuits
The complex design of the circuits is expected to hinder the market growth of the overall programmable logic device market.
Our-in depth analysis of the global programmable logic device market includes the following segments:
By Product Type:
- Read-only Memory (ROM)
- Simple Programmable Logic Device (SPLDs)
- Generic Array Logic (GAL)
- Programmable Array Logic (PAL)
- Complex Programmable Logic Device (CPLDs)
- Programmable Logic Array (PLA)
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGAs)
- High Capacity Programmable Logic Device (HCPLDs)
By Programming Technology:
- Static RAM
- EPROM (UV Erasable)
- Consumer Electronics
- Data Computing
On the basis of regional analysis, global programmable logic device market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa region. North America is anticipated to hold the largest market share for the global programmable logic device market. This is attributed to the high presence of the key manufacturers of the logic circuits in the region. Asia Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest developing region for the global programmable logic device market during the forecast period. The growing industrialization in the region is anticipated to boost the demand for the programmable logic device during the forecast period. According to Ministry of small and medium enterprises the growth rate in small and medium enterprises was 12.44% in 2013 whereas it grew to 17.18% in 2014.
Global programmable logic device market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis.
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis.
Top Featured Companies Dominating The Market
- Altera Corporation
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Atmel Corporation
- Xilinx, Inc.
- Actel Corporation
- Lattice Semiconductor Corporation
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- QuickLogic Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- NEC Corporation