Metallic Stearates Overview
Metallic stearates are the salt of metal with long carbon fatty acid chain known as octadecanoic acid. Generally they are produced by the reaction of steric acid and metal halides, metal sulfate, metal oxide and others. They possess a chemically stable hydrocarbon chain and offers hydrophobic nature. They comprise of several properties such as water repellence, separating property, stabilizing effect, gelling capacity, foam inhibition and lubricating property. Metallic stearates classified into are aluminum, calcium, zinc, and magnesium. It has a wide application in pharmaceuticals, plastics, rubber, cosmetics, coatings, building & construction, and others.
Market Size and Forecast
The global metallic stearates market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period of 2017-2027. Rising demand of the PVC and other polymer as process material in several fields is anticipated to drive the growth of metallic stearates market. Further, the favorable government regulations and policies are expected to expand the global metallic stearates market.
Globally, Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period. Rising population and improving economic condition in this region is expected to positively impact the growth of metallic stearates market. Continuous growing demand of the metallic stearates at the end user such as pharmaceuticals & cosmetics polymers & rubbers, building & construction, and paints & coatings, building & construction is anticipated to foster the global market.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
Further, North America is expected to contribute to the growth of the metallic stearates market over the forecast period. It has several applications in rubber & plastic, cosmetics & pharmaceutical which are expected to showcase significant rise metallic stearates market in the upcoming year.
The metallic stearates market has been segmented into calcium stearates, zinc stearate, magnesium stearates, and aluminum stearates. Further, calcium stearates accounted for the largest market share in overall metallic stearates market in 2016.
Our in-depth analysis has segmented metallic stearates Market into the following segments:
- Calcium stearates
- Zinc stearates
- Magnesium stearates
- Aluminum stearates
By End User
- Building & Construction
- Polymer & Rubber Industry
- Paints & Coatings
- Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetics
Metallic Stearates Market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers and Challenges
Increasing usage of the metallic stearate in the manufacturing of the plastic & rubber and also growing demand from the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and aerospace is expected to drive the growth of the metallic stearate market during the forecast period. Metal stearate is used as anti-caking agent in building & construction. Rapid urbanization and continuous growth of building and construction sector is also envisioned to foster the growth of the metallic stearate market in near future. Moreover, rising awareness related to benefits associated with the product made up of metallic stearate among the population is anticipated to positively impact the growth of the metallic stearate market during the forecast period. Further, government initiatives and policies towards the metallic stearate products are also anticipated to garner growth of the metallic stearate market during the forecast period.
However, cost of the metallic stearate product is expected to dampen the growth of the metallic stearate market over the forecast period.
- Dover Chemical Corporation
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Nimbasia Stabilizers
- Seoul Fine Chemical Ind
- Peter Greven GmbH & Co. KG
- Baerlocher GmbH
- PMC Biogenix
- James M. Brown Ltd.
- Nimbasia Stabilizers
- Marathwada Chemicals
- IRRH Specialty Chemical
- Other Prominent Players
Scope and Context
Overview of the Parent Market
The global metallic stearate market is segmented as follows:
- By Type Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By End Use Industry Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Region Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
Supply & Demand Risk
Porter’s Five Force Model
Geographical Economic Activity
Key Players (respective SWOT Analysis) and their Strategies and Product Portfolio
Recent Trends and Developments
Industry Growth Drivers and Challenges
Key Information for Players to establish themselves in current dynamic environment