Global Emission Monitoring System Market Highlights 2020-2030
The global emission monitoring system market is anticipated to record a CAGR of ~9% during the forecast period, i.e., 2021-2030. The growth of the market can be primarily attributed to the increasing health concerns caused due to the rising air pollution, along with the growing focus of the government of nations across the globe to monitor polluting sources and reduce emissions. According to the World Bank, the cost associated with the health damage from ambient air pollution is equivalent to around 4.8% of the GDP of the world. Moreover, the economic burden of pollution associated with premature mortality and morbidity in individual countries worldwide is equivalent to 5 to 14% of the countries’ GDPs. Air, water, and land pollution is estimated to cause more than 9 Million premature deaths worldwide. Moreover, in the year 2016, ambient air pollution alone caused around 4.2 Million deaths. The market is also anticipated to grow on account of the rising focus of the government of nations on the utilization of emission analytics solutions for monitoring emissions from the manufacturing sector and to ensure compliance of emission standards. Industries worldwide are required nowadays to monitor and control their emissions, backed by the stringent government regulations to control pollution emitted from the industries. As a result, there is a rising need for the monitoring systems that allow industries to keep a track of their emission levels, which is anticipated to drive the market growth.
The market is segmented by technology type into continuous emission monitoring system (CEMS) and predictive emission monitoring system (PEMS), out of which, the continuous emission monitoring system (CEMS) segment is anticipated to hold the largest share in the global emission monitoring system market throughout the forecast period. CEMS devices allow for continuous monitoring of emission levels, unlike the PEMS systems. Moreover, most of the CEMS devices are certified by regulatory bodies and hence are more trustworthy when compared to PEMS devices. CEMS devices, on the other hand, provide more appropriate data and are equipped with sensors that can monitor nitrogen oxides, sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, airborne particulate matter, volatile organic compounds, mercury, oxygen, and others.
Global Emission Monitoring System Market Regional Synopsis
Regionally, the global emission monitoring system market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa region. The market in the North America region is estimated to witness the largest share throughout the forecast period on the back of growing stringent regulatory norms set by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to lower emissions from different emitting sources, along with the increasing awareness amongst the end-users for emission monitoring systems. Moreover, increasing focus of the government to curb air pollution in the region is also anticipated to drive the market growth in North America. According to the statistics by the EPA, around 82 Million people lived in the countries of North America with air quality concentrations above the primary level of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) in the year 2019.
The global emission monitoring system market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis.
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
Our in-depth analysis of the global emission monitoring system market includes the following segments:
By Technology Type
- Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems
- Predictive Emission Monitoring Systems
By Component Type
By End-User Industries
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Building Materials
- Marine & Shipping
- Growing Concerns for the Environment
- Stringent Government Norms to Regulate Environmental Pollution
- High Cost of Emission Monitoring Systems
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- ACOEM Ecotech Pty. Ltd.
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- CMC Solutions, LLC
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Enviro Technology Services Ltd
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- SICK AG