Crohn's disease Treatment Market Highlights over 2020-2029
The Crohn's disease treatment market is estimated to grow with a moderate CAGR during the forecast period, i.e., 2021-2029. Increasing incidence of bowel disorders such as Crohn's disease due to lifestyle changes, rising awareness about Crohn's disease and the availability of treatments is expected to fuel this market progress. The growth of the market can also be attributed to the rising prevalence of Crohn’s disease amongst individuals on a global level. The National Institute of Health stated that Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis affected 1.5 million people in North America and 2.5 million people in Europe in 2015. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT
On the basis of type, the market is segmented into Ileocolitis, Ileitis, Granulomatous colitis, Gastroduodenal Crohn’s Disease, Jejunoileitis, and Perianal Crohn’s Disease. Out of which, the Ileocolitis segment is anticipated to garner largest share as this is the most common type of Crohn’s disease. It causes inflammation of the lower portion of the small intestine, or ileum, and the large intestine, or colon.
On the basis of treatment, the market is segmented into surgical and non-surgical. Out of these two, non-surgical holds the highest share, over the forecast period. Non-surgical is further divided into anti-inflammatory, immune system suppressors, antibiotics, and others. In 2020, the anti-inflammatory segment was the largest segment of the market due to its greater efficacy compared to analgesic and immunosuppressants, while the immune system suppressors segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment due to the reduction in surgeries and hospitalization rates.
On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into hospitals and clinics, research institutes, and others. The hospitals segment is expected to hold the highest share of the market as a considerable portion of the population with Crohn’s disease on a global level tend to choose healthcare facilities specializing in its treatment.
Crohn’s Disease Treatment Market Regional Synopsis
Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa region. The market in the Asia Pacific is predicted to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to the increasing awareness about Crohn’s disease and the need to develop innovative inflammatory bowel disease treatment solutions in the region. Increasing R&D of biosimilars for the treatment of Crohn’s disease is expected to boost growth of the market in the Asia Pacific. In 2021, the market in North America is evaluated to occupy the largest share in terms of revenue, owing to the R&D of novel biosimilars and drugs for the Crohn’s disease treatment. For instance, in August 2016, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved two biosimilars Amjevita and Erelzi, manufactured by Amgen to treat inflammatory bowel disease.
The global Crohn’s disease treatment market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
Our in-depth analysis of the global Crohn’s disease treatment market includes the following segments:
- Granulomatous colitis
- Gastroduodenal Crohn’s Disease
- Perianal Crohn’s Disease
By End User
- Research Institutes
- Increasing Incidence of Crohn’s Disease Due to Lifestyle Changes
- Increasing Awareness About Crohn’s Disease, and the Availability of Treatments
- High Cost of Treatment
- Delay In Diagnosis and Lack of Awareness
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Johnson & Johnson Services Inc.
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Pfizer Inc.
- AbbVie Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Amgen Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- UCB S.A.
- Ferring B.V.
- Eli Lilly Company
- Hoffman-La Roche
- Bristol-Myers Squib