Amino Acids Market Overview
Amino acid refers to organic compounds consisting of the amine and carboxyl functional group. Amino acids help in increasing the metabolism and act as a building blocks of protein. These acids are mainly utilized in manufacturing of human supplements and animal feed additive. Amino acids supplements help in the prevention of eye and cardiovascular diseases in human. In recent years, utilization of amino acids to make healthy foods has been a major trend in food industry. Further, top five producers of amino acids accounted for more than 70% market share across the globe.
Market Size and Forecast
Global amino acids market is expected to flourish at a CAGR of 5.7% over the forecast period. Further, the market of amino acids is anticipated to reach USD 30.8 Billion by the end of 2024. This can be attributed to various factors such as growing consumer awareness and rising demand for healthy and functional food. Further, increasing consumption of dietary supplements is expected to positively impact the growth of global amino acids market.
In the regional platform, Asia Pacific accounted for the major market share in global amino acids market. Asia Pacific is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to rising disposable income and increasing demand for dietary supplements in the region. Further, famers are adopting amino acids over antibiotics for their livestock animals. This factor is anticipated to fuel the growth of global amino acids market during the forecast period. Japan and China are anticipated to the major contributor to the growth of Asia-Pacific amino acids market.
North America is expected to showcase significant growth over the forecast period. This can be attributed to rising old age population in the region. Further, favorable government initiatives to boost the healthcare sector in the region are anticipated to spur the growth of the amino acids market in the North America region. Apart from this, rising disposable income and increasing health consciousness is expected to garner the growth of amino acids market in North America region. Europe is expected to witness moderate growth in demand over the forecast period owing to increasing demand from food & dietary supplements.CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FREE SAMPLE
Our in-depth analysis has segmented the global amino acids market into following segments:
- Plant Based
- Animal Based
- Animal Feed
- Food & Dietary Supplements
Global amino acids market has been segmented in to following regions:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers & Challenges
Increasing demand for functional foods is believed to be the dynamic factor behind the growth of global amino acids market over the forecast period. This rising demand is likely to be supplemented by rising global population. This factor is expected to boost the growth of global amino acids market. Further, heavy adoption of dietary amino acids supplements is anticipated to be one of the key factors behind the growth of global amino acids market.
Rising disposable income coupled with increasing healthcare consciousness is expected to drive the growth of global amino acids market during the forecast period. In livestock drugs, amino acids are substituting antibiotics owing to their natural and safety feature. Moreover, rising popularity of amino acids over antibiotics is anticipated to garner the growth of global amino acids market. Apart from this, restriction on the use of antibiotics in few countries is likely to positively impact the growth of global amino acids market.
However, fluctuating price of raw materials is likely to hamper the growth of global amino acids market. Moreover, availability of other sources of protein is anticipated to limit the growth of amino acids market over the forecast period.
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Company Overview
- Key Product Offerings
- Business Strategy
- SWOT Analysis
- Adisseo France Sas
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- Archer Daniel Midlands Company
- Novus International, Inc.
- Sodrugestvo Group
- Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd.
- Saigner Adiego
- Chengdu Pukang Biological Technology Co. Ltd.
- Kyowa Hakko Europe GmbH