Xerostomia Therapeutics Market Highlights 2020-2029
The xerostomia therapeutics market is estimated to grow with a moderate CAGR during the forecast period, i.e., 2021-2029. The increase in adoption of radiation therapy and chemotherapy is likely to lead to an increased incidence of xerostomia, which is estimated to predominantly drive the xerostomia therapeutics market. Other factors driving the market growth include increasing usage of prescription medicines, easy availability and cost-effectiveness of medicines, growing geriatric population base and increasing prevalence of diseases, such as Sjogren’s syndrome, HIV, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease, among other diseases. According to the Centres for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), every year about 650,000 cancer patients receive chemotherapy in an outpatient oncology clinic.
The market is segmented based on product into artificial saliva, salivary stimulants, saliva substitutes, drugs, salivary pens and others, out of which, the salivary stimulants segment is anticipated to grab the largest share by the end of 2021 on account of being available in various forms such as mints, sugar-free chewing gums, sprays and mores. A wide range of substitutes for each product is easily available and accessible to patients, thus is expected to drive the growth of the segment.CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT
On the basis of distribution channel, the retail pharmacies and hospital pharmacies segments in the global xerostomia therapeutics market are projected to grow with a significant CAGR over the forecast period. The growth of the segment can be attributed to the presence of retail and hospital pharmacies, serving to a larger customer base. Moreover, the online pharmacy segment is estimated to grow at a higher rate during the forecast period due to growing internet penetration in developing countries and changing trends of ordering medicine online.
Xerostomia Therapeutics Market Regional Synopsis
Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East & Africa region. The market in the North America is predicted to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to significant factors supporting the growth of this market in the region which is due to the prominent growth of cases in xerostomia as well as various other diseases associated with dry mouths such as rheumatoid arthritis, HIV, and Sjogren's syndrome. Sjogren Syndrome Foundation frequently carries out awareness camps regarding the therapies and remedies for the people with xerostomia across U.S. and Canada. Furthermore, expanding medical and healthcare infrastructure, ease of availability of treatments, and beneficial compensation scenario are some of the important factors which are helping the market to grow in the North American region. Asia Pacific’s market is expected to gain traction and is expected to grow at a faster rate during the forecast period. Increased spending towards healthcare, growing understanding and awareness about chronic diseases are anticipated to strengthen the xerostomia therapeutics market in the Asia Pacific.
The global xerostomia therapeutics market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
Our in-depth analysis of the global xerostomia therapeutics market includes the following segments:
- Artificial saliva
- Salivary stimulants
- Saliva substitutes
- Salivary pens
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
- Online pharmacies
- Increasing adoption of chemotherapy and radiotherapy in cancer treatment
- Growing prevalence of diseases such as Sjogren’s Syndrome, HIV, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease
- Lack of awareness of xerostomia in developing and under-developed economies
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- 3M Company
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Apotex Inc., Church & Dwight Co. Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive Co.
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Daiichi Sankyo Co. Ltd.
- Eisai Co. Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Pharmascience Inc.
- Quest Products Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.