Wound Debridement Market Highlights 2020-2029
The wound debridement market is estimated to grow with a moderate CAGR during the forecast period, i.e., 2021-2029. Increasing incidence of wounds due to diabetes, venous leg ulcers and surgeries are expected to fuel the progress of this market. The growth of the market can also be attributed to factors such as the increasing geriatric population and increasing wound infections. According to the research, the annual incidence of diabetic foot ulcer worldwide is between 9.1 to 26.1 million.
The market is segmented based on product into gel and ointment, medical debridement pads, medical gauzes, enzymatic debridement products and, others, out of which, the gels segment is anticipated to grab the largest share by the end of 2021 as gels are having property to avoid enzymatic activity and drug interaction with food and drinks. In addition, no inflammation, less bleeding, removal of necrotic tissue safely and without infection are some factors that are contributing to the growth of this segment.CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT
On the basis of application, diabetic foot ulcers are observed as the fastest growing segment due to increasing prevalence of diabetes. Furthermore, pressure ulcers are anticipated to hold the largest share in the market in owing to increasing incidence of bedsores. In addition, skin of aged people is highly sensitive and is more prone towards developing bedsores, thereby bolstering the growth of the segment.
Wound Debridement Market Regional Synopsis
Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East & Africa region. Asia Pacific region is poised to witness lucrative growth during the forecast period due to booming economies, reforms to improve healthcare infrastructure facilities to provide growth of the regional market. Furthermore, in 2021, the market in North America is evaluated to occupy the largest share in terms of revenue, the growth of the region can be attributed to the presence of developed medical infrastructure and increasing patient awareness coupled with rising disposable income and soaring need for quality medical products and services. As per the analysis of American Diabetes Association, diabetes affects 30 million people in the US and more than 415 million people worldwide.
The wound debridement market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
Our in-depth analysis of the global wound debridement market includes the following segments:
By Therapy Type
- Gel and ointment
- Medical debridement pads
- Medical gauzes
- Enzymatic debridement products
By Wound Type
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Growing incidence of pressure ulcers, diabetic foot and surgical procedures
- Rise in the incidence of wound infections
- High treatment cost
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Coloplast A/S
- ConvaTec Group Plc
- Mölnlycke Health Care
- Lohmann & Rauscher
- Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
- Misonix Inc.
- MediWound Ltd.