Global Virtual Client Computing Market Highlights Over 2022 - 2031
The global virtual client computing market is estimated to garner a large amount of revenue by growing at a CAGR of ~23% over the forecast period, i.e., 2022 – 2031. The growth of the market can be attributed primarily to the growing adoption of digital workplace services as a result of rise in demand for enhanced information security and simplified IT management in workplaces around the world. Along with this, companies are becoming involved in gathering insights to help their businesses rise which is giving an upsurge to the implementation of digital transformation strategies. This in turn is also expected to drive market growth in the forthcoming years. Furthermore, increasing trend of using mobile devices and collaboration tools to connect with teams in other geographies and devices is projected o offer lucrative opportunities to the market in the near future. In 2020, there were more than 3 million smartphones in use globally, an increase of about 7% since 2019. Also, there were more than 25 billion devices connected to the internet by the end of 2021.
The market is segmented by end use industry into BFSI, retail, healthcare, manufacturing, and IT & telecom, out of which, the IT & telecom segment is anticipated to hold the largest share in the global virtual client computing market. This can be accounted to the increasing adoption of technologies related to digital content, such as internet of things (IoT), which in turn is evaluated to raise the demand for virtual client solutions across the vertical. Apart from this, growing investments for digitalization and cost-cutting among companies is also predicted to boost the growth of the market segment in the future. Additionally, on the basis of solution, the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) segment is assessed to acquire the largest share during the forecast period owing to the fact that implementation of virtual machines help in enhancing safety and extending greater control over IT, and also lowers the year-on-year desktop hardware upgrade costs. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT
Major Macro-Economic Indicators Impacting the Market Growth
The never-ending growth in internet accessibility around the world along with numerous technological advancements comprising 5G, blockchain, cloud services, Internet of Things (IoT), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) among others have significantly boosted the economic growth in the last two decades. As of April 2021, there were more than 4.5 billion users that were actively using the internet globally. Moreover, the growth in ICT sector has significantly contributed towards GDP growth, labor productivity, and R&D spending among other transformations of economies in different nations of the globe. Furthermore, the production of goods and services in the ICT sector is also contributing to the economic growth and development. As per the statistics in the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s database, the ICT good exports (% of total good exports) globally grew from 10.816 in 2015 to 11.536 in 2019. In 2019, these exports in Hong Kong SAR, China amounted to 56.65%, 25.23% in East Asia & Pacific, 26.50% in China, 25.77% in Korea, Rep., 8.74% in the United States, and 35.01% in Vietnam. These are some of the important factors that are boosting the growth of the market.
Global Virtual Client Computing Market Regional Synopsis
Regionally, the global virtual client computing market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa region. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to witness noteworthy growth over the forecast period on the back of the rising rate of implementation of virtual client computing in data centers and BPOs in the region. In addition, increasing number of small & medium enterprises, and high foreign investments in innovative technologies are also expected to drive market growth in the region in the coming years. In 2019, there were approximately 140 million small & medium sized enterprises in the APAC region, up from 120 million in 2018 and 111 million in 2017 respectively. Moreover, the market in North America is projected to acquire the largest share during the forecast period ascribing to the growing penetration of cloud-based technologies, and presence of well-established IT infrastructure in the region.
The global virtual client computing market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark), Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe), Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
Our in-depth analysis of the global virtual client computing market includes the following segments:
- Virtual User Sessions (VUS)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
- Terminal Services
By End Use Industry
- IT & Telecom
- Growing Adoption of Digital Workplace Services
- Increasing Trend of Using Mobile Devices and Collaboration Tools
- Mobility and Cost-Controlling Challenges Associated with Virtual Client Computing
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Microsoft Corporation
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- VMware Inc.
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- Dell Technologies, Inc.
- Ericom Software, Inc.
- Fujitsu Limited
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- NEC Corporation
- The Hewlett-Packard Company
- Unidesk Corporation