Global Small Cell 5G Network Market Highlights 2020-2029
The global small cell 5G network market is projected to witness a remarkable CAGR during the forecast period, i.e., 2021-2029. Factors such as the increasing data traffic and the rising demand for high-speed data connectivity in residential and industrial environments are attributed to the growth of this market. Further, the growing emergence of internet of things (IoT) devices, the growing expansion of the 5G network, and the increasing availability of the Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) band spectrum are anticipated to provide significant opportunities for the growth of the market. According to our research analysis, more than 20 billion IoT-connected devices were used globally as of 2019. Additionally, extensive advancements in network architecture and the increasing investment to improve 5G small cell technology are also expected to facilitate the progress of the market during the forecast period.
The market is segmented by cell type into femtocell, picocell, and microcell. Among these segments, the femtocell segment is anticipated to garner the largest market share by the end of 2021 primarily on account of the increasing usage of these network stations in homes and small businesses. Research from secondary sources predicts that by 2025, there will be more than 1.5 billion 5G subscriptions worldwide. Alternatively, the picocell section is speculated to grow with the highest CAGR over the forecast period. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the ability of the cell type to provide extended coverage to indoor areas where the obstructions are significantly high, such as offices and shopping malls.
The market is also segmented on the basis of radio access technology into standalone and non-standalone configuration, out of which, the standalone segment is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period owing to its enhanced efficiency features when compared with the non-standalone configuration. The standalone configuration offers a full range of 5G services, whereas the non-standalone configuration only supports 4G services. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT
Global Small Cell 5G Network Market Regional Synopsis
On the basis of regional analysis, the global small cell 5G network market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa region.
Amongst these regions, the market in North America is anticipated to hold the largest market share by the end of 2029. The growth of the market in North America can be attributed primarily to the presence of leading telecom and network operators in the region. On the other hand, the market in the Asia Pacific is also estimated to provide ample growth opportunities, especially in countries such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea, backed by the large population of these Asian countries, which has created a vast internet user pool over the past few years.
The global small cell 5G network market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis.
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis.
Our in-depth analysis of the global small cell 5G network market includes the following segments:
By Radio Access Technology
By Cell Type
- Professional services
- Managed services
By Frequency Band
- Millimeter wave
- Increasing Demand for High-Speed Mobile Data Services
- Emergence of IoT and Growing Availability of CBRS Band Spectrum
- High Deployment Cost of Small Cell 5G Network
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Fujitsu Limited
- CommScope, Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Airspan Networks Inc.
- Accelleran NV