Global Robotic Surgery Market Highlights Over 2022 - 2031
The global robotic surgery market is estimated to garner a sizeable revenue by growing at a CAGR of ~12% over the forecast period, i.e., 2022 – 2031. The growth of the market can be attributed to the increasing healthcare expenditure across the globe, and growing private and venture funding for medical robot research. According to the World Health Organization, the global spending on health reached USD 2.3 trillion in 2018, or 10% of the global GDP. Along with these, robotic platforms facilitate the uptake of minimally invasive procedures that provide lesser complications associated with low surgical site infection, minimal blood loss, less pain, faster recovery, and minimal scarring. This is also expected to be a crucial factor driving market growth in the forthcoming years. Furthermore, rise in penetration of surgical robots in ambulatory surgical centers is projected to offer lucrative opportunities to the market in the near future.
The market is segmented by application into urology, gynecology, general surgery, thoracic surgery, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, and others, out of which, the neurology segment is anticipated to observe robust growth in the global robotic surgery market. This can be accounted to the fact that robotic neurosurgery procedures are able to deliver successful outcomes with reduced limitations as compared to traditional neurological methods. Apart from this, the urology segment is predicted to grab the largest share by 2030 owing to the increasing number of prostatectomy procedures performed worldwide. Additionally, on the basis of end user, the hospitals segment is assessed to acquire the largest share during the forecast period, which can be credited to the availability of advanced infrastructure and highly-trained professional surgical teams in hospitals. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT
Major Macro-Economic Indicators Impacting the Market Growth
According to the statistics by the World Health Organization, the global per capita healthcare expenditure amounted to USD 1,064.741 in the year 2017. The worldwide healthcare expenditure per person grew from USD 864.313 in 2008 to USD 1,110.841 in 2018, where the U.S. is the top country that amounted to healthcare expenditure of USD 10, 623.85 per capita in 2018. As of 2018, the domestic general government healthcare spending in the U.S. was USD 5355.79, which grew from USD 3515.82 in 2008. These are some of the factors responsible for market growth over the past few years. Moreover, as per the projections by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the estimated average annual percent change related to National Health Expenditures (NHE) in the U.S. was 5.2% in 2020 as compared to 2019 (4.5%). Furthermore, the National Health Expenditures are projected to reach USD 6,192.5 Billion in 2028, where the per capita expenditure is estimated to touch USD 17,611 in the same year. These are notable indicators that are anticipated to create lucrative business opportunities in upcoming years.
Global Robotic Surgery Market Regional Synopsis
Regionally, the global robotic surgery market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa region. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to witness noteworthy growth over the forecast period on the back of the growing demand for surgical robots in China and India, and rising advancements in surgical systems in the region. Moreover, the market in Europe is expected to gather the largest share during the forecast period ascribing to the favorable reimbursement policies in publicly funded hospitals in the region. In addition, high spending in the development of robots, and strong presence of market players are also projected to drive market growth in the region in the coming years. As per the European Union Stats, 7% of the enterprises in the European Union employ at least 10 persons used industrial or service robots. Also, enterprises more commonly use industrial robots (5%) than service robots (2%).
The global robotic surgery market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark), Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe), Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Market Players Analysis & Opportunity Outlook
Our in-depth analysis of the global robotic surgery market includes the following segments:
- Robotic Surgery System
- Maintenance Service
- General Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
By End User
- Research Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Increasing Healthcare Expenditure Across the Globe
- Growing Private and Venture Funding for Medical Robot Research
- High Cost of Robotic Systems
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Accuracy Inc.
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
- Auris Surgical Robotics
- Medtech SA
- Stryker Corporation
- Medtronic plc
- Renishaw plc.
- Mazor Robotics
- TransEnterix Surgical, Inc.
- Smith & Nephew plc