Portable Ventilators Market Overview
Portable ventilators are the devices which are used to convey room air or oxygen enriched air/gas into the breathing circuit connected to the patient. A heated humidifier is used to humidify the air before delivery to the sick person. Portable ventilator is small and light weight device which is able to work in required environments and helps the patients to breathe properly. Portable ventilators are highly used for the treatment of patients suffering from diseases such as pneumonia or during multiple casualty situations. Portable ventilators have wide applications in places including hospitals, clinics, and in ambulances.
Market Size & Forecast
Global portable ventilators market is expected to grow at remarkable pace during the forecast period i.e. 2017-2024. Further, factors such as growing respiratory diseases, increasing number of tobacco consumers, booming population, rising awareness towards healthcare and technical advancements with ventilators are anticipated to escalate the growth of global portable ventilators market during the forecast period.
Geographically, global portable ventilators market has been segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa region. Among these regions, North America has been the leading regional market for portable ventilators and is expected to behold this dominance over the forecast period. Moreover, high adoption rate of advanced technology coupled with availability of portable ventilators with improved safety measurements are some of the dynamic factors which are anticipated to fuel the growth of portable ventilators market in this region.
Additionally, Asia Pacific region is also projected to witness remarkable growth during the forecast period. This growth of portable ventilators market can be attributed to factors such as booming population, rapid growth of emerging economies and growing demand for homecare ventilators in this region. Further, Europe region is envisioned to grow at satisfactory pace during the forecast period owing to factors such as growing healthcare industries and rising investment in healthcare expenditures in this region.
Our-in depth analysis of the global portable ventilators market includes the following segments:
- Portable Gas Powered Ventilators
- Microprocessor Controlled Ventilators
- Pressure Mode Ventilation
- Volume Mode Ventilation
- Combined Mode Ventilation
- Domiciliary Ventilation
- Non-Invasive Ventilation
By End User
- Rehabilitation Centers
Global portable ventilators market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers & Challenges
Global portable ventilators market has been primarily driven by factors such as growing number of patients suffering from respiratory diseases, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, pneumonia coupled with increasing number of congestive heart failure cases across the globe. Moreover, increasing preference of portable ventilators in homecare treatments is one of the key factors driving the growth of global portable ventilators market.
Additionally, growing adoption of portable ventilators during situations such as respiratory emergencies and multiple causality situations are likely to fuel the demand for portable ventilators in near future. In addition to this, growing demand for portable ventilators during emergencies is expected to drive the growth of global portable ventilators market.
Moreover, technological advancements with portable ventilators have made these portable ventilators more acceptable in healthcare industries. Growing applications of portable ventilators in aeromedical, paediatrics, domiciliary ventilation, non-invasive ventilation are expected to drive the growth of portable ventilators market at remarkable pace.
Further, rising disposable income of the consumers coupled with increased healthcare expenditures are the dynamic factors behind the growth of global portable ventilators market. Additionally, growing healthcare industries are also envisioned to drive the global market of portable ventilators during the forecast period.
However, complicated operation of portable ventilators is a major challenge which is likely to hamper the growth of global portable ventilators market in near future. Moreover, availability of low cost portable ventilators offered by local vendors is also anticipated to dampen the growth of global portable ventilators market in near future.
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Company Overview
- Key Product Offerings
- Business Strategy
- SWOT Analysis
- Drgerverk AG & Co.
- Dickinson & Company
- Getinge AB
- Resmed Inc.
- Percussionair Corp.
- Smiths Group PLC
- Atical Medical Pvt. Ltd.
- Medtronic PLC
Scope & Context
Overview of the Parent Market
The global portable ventilators market is segmented as follows:
- By Product Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Mode Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Application Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By End User Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Region Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
Supply & Demand Risk
Porter’s Five Force Model
Geographical Economic Activity
Key Players (respective SWOT Analysis) and their Strategies and Product Portfolio
Recent Trends and Developments
Industry Growth Drivers and Challenges
Key Information for Players to establish themselves in current dynamic environment