Medication dispenser is a device which releases medication at the required time. This technology is primarily used by the aged population that has impaired ability to take the proper medication. Medication dispenser releases specific pills at required time to the patients. Medication dispenser increases the comfortability level of the patient by ensuring the management of the medication process. Medical dispenser reduces any fatal injury to the patient and ensures the safety to the patient.
Market Size and Forecast
The global medication dispenser market is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR of 8.0% during 2018-2027. The increasing demand for efficient drug dispensation count coupled with growing demand for the removal of life threatening human errors is anticipated to be the primary reason for the growth of the global medication dispenser market over the forecast period.
The global medication dispenser market can be segmented on the basis of product type, end-user and region. On the basis of product type, it is sub-segmented into automotive unit dose dispensers, pharmacy-based automated dispensing systems and ward based automated dispensing systems. The automotive unit dose dispenser is anticipated to lead the product type segment of the global medication dispenser market. The increasing adoption of the automotive unit dose dispenser by hospitals for effective medication process is increasing the demand for the automotive unit dose dispenser. On the basis of end-user, it is sub-segmented into hospital pharmacies, nursing facilities and mobile surgical centers. Hospital pharmacies is anticipated to be the largest sub-segment for the end-user segment on the account of the large pool of the patients suffering from chronic diseases coupled with the availability of varied range of medication dispenser for the treatment of the diseases.
By region, global medication dispenser market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa. North America is anticipated to contribute the largest market share for the global medication dispenser market over the forecast period. The growing geriatric population coupled with the increasing number of the hospitals across the globe is predicted to be the major factor expected to propel the market growth of the medication dispenser market in the region. Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest developing region for the global medication dispenser market. The rapidly expanding healthcare industry is driving the growth of the global medication dispenser market in the region. Additionally, the expansion in the healthcare industry is providing key opportunities for the key market players to establish their foothold in the medication dispenser market.
Our in-depth analysis segmented the global medication dispenser market in the following segments:
By Product Type
- Automotive unit dose dispensers
- Pharmacy-based automated dispensing systems
- Ward based automated dispensing systems
- Hospital pharmacies
- Nursing facilities
- Mobile surgical centers
Global medication dispenser market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers and Challenges
The rising health awareness coupled with increasing number of life threatening diseases is anticipated to drive the global medication dispenser market during the forecast period. The increasing concern about the right medication is expected to upsurge the demand for the medication dispenser market across the globe. The increasing technological development is driving the market growth of the medication dispenser market worldwide. Additionally, the increasing expenditure by the government in healthcare industry is also key factor for the growth of the global medication dispenser market during the forecast period.
However, high installation cost related to medical dispenser is anticipated to restrain the growth of the global medication dispenser market.
Top Featured Companies Dominating The Market
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Baxter International Inc.
- PARATA SYSTEMS, LLC
- Cerner Corporation
- Capsa Healthcare
- Accu-Chart Plus Healthcare Systems, Inc.
- Swisslog Holdings AG
- McKesson Corporation
- Omnicell Inc.
- ScriptPro LLC
- Yuyama Co., Ltd.
- Talyst, Inc.