Global Jojoba Oil Market Overview
Jojoba oil refers to a type of liquid, extracted from the seeds of jojoba plant. Arizona, California and Mexico are the three major producers of jojoba all across the globe. Jojoba oil is enriched with high nutrient properties and free fatty acid. These oils have significant use in cosmetic industry, pharmaceutical industry, and personal care products. Cosmetic companies such as L’Oreal, JE internationals and others are investing heavily in the research and development activities of the jojoba oil. Consumers worldwide prefer jojoba oil products over other oil or wax products as jojoba oil offers high nutritious value and less fatty acid than other oils.
Market Size and Forecast
The global jojoba oil market was accounted for USD 160.3 Million in 2016 and is anticipated to reach around USD 250 Million by the end of 2024. Further, the market is expected to flourish at a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period. Jojoba oil is likely to witness high demand owing to the increased demand from the cosmetics industry. By application, cosmetics and personal care products is showcased to achieve higher market value over the forecast period owing to the rapid expansion of cosmetic industry across the globe.
In 2015, North America region accounted for the highest percentage share followed by Asia-Pacific. North America region held a dominant share of 39.7% in the jojoba oil market globally. Further, North America jojoba oil market was valued at USD 60.8 Million in 2016 and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period on the account of growing cosmetic and personal care industry in the region. U.S. and Mexico are likely to capture the largest market share by the end of 2024 in North America region.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to witness stupendous growth at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period i.e. 2017-2024. Increasing inclination towards natural products in the Asia-Pacific countries is expected to garner the growth of global jojoba oil market. Further, rising concern of personal healthcare and increasing disposable income are anticipated to swell the demand for the jojoba oil during the forecast period.
Our-in depth analysis of the global jojoba oil market includes the following segments:
- Cosmetic & Personal Care Products
By Distribution Channel
- Convenience Store
- Online Store
The global jojoba oil market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers and Challenges
Increasing awareness about the benefits of organic and natural products and rising preference for such products are anticipated to be the dynamic factor behind the growth of the jojoba oil market across the globe. In addition to this, major cosmetics companies are using jojoba oil as an ingredient in manufacturing shampoos, moisturizers, skin creams and others. Apart from this, rising trend towards manufacturing and supplying herbal medicines is also expected to intensify the growth of jojoba oil market.
Rising disposable income and increasing population in the growing economies such as China, India and others is envisioned to bolster the growth of jojoba oil market over the forecast period. Increasing desire for living a healthy life is propelling the growth of the jojoba oil market. Further, the market is expected to escalate at a rapid pace during the forecast period on the account of the rising cosmetics and personal care industry. Beside this, the increasing men grooming activities is expected to surge the demand for jojoba oil products over the next few years.
However, insufficient supply of jojoba oil is anticipated to restrain development of the global jojoba oil market. Additionally, lack of awareness in undeveloped nations and low yield of the crop is hampering the growth of the market.
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Desert Whale Jojoba Company
- Company Overview
- Key Product Offerings
- Business Strategy
- SWOT Analysis
- Eco Oil
- Purcell Jojoba International
- Inca Oil SA
- The Jojoba Company
- Egyptian Natural Oil Co.
- Mosselman S.A
- LaRonna Jojoba Company
- Del Amo Chemical Company Inc.
- Spectrum Chemicals & Laboratory Products
Scope and Context
Overview of the Parent Market
The global jojoba oil market is segmented as follows:
- By Application Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Distribution Channel Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Region Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
Supply & Demand Risk
Porter’s Five Force Model
Geographical Economic Activity
Key Players (respective SWOT Analysis) and their Strategies and Product Portfolio
Recent Trends and Developments
Industry Growth Drivers and Challenges
Key Information for Players to establish themselves in current dynamic environment