Colorectal Cancer Treatment Market Segmentation by Treatment Market Highlights 2020-2029
The colorectal cancer treatment market is estimated to grow with a moderate CAGR during the forecast period, i.e., 2021-2029. The rising prevalence of colorectal cancer globally, along with the growth in efficient treatment options, are expected to fuel the progress of this market. The growth of the market can also be attributed to factors such as the increasing advancement in diagnostic methods on a global level. As per American Cancer Society, in U.S, 101,420 new cases of colon cancer and 44,180 new cases of rectal cancer, were registered in 2019.
The market is segmented on the basis of treatment type into surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiotherapy, targeted therapy, ablation and others, out of which, the targeted therapy segment is anticipated to grab the largest share by the end of 2021 on account of technological advancements and better efficiency of targeted therapy than other therapies, for the treatment of colorectal cancer. Moreover, there is a large availability of prominent targeted therapies, which is also projected to contribute to the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
On the basis of end-user, the general medical & surgical hospitals segment in the global colorectal cancer treatment market is projected to grow with a significant CAGR over the forecast period. The growth of the segment can be attributed to the fact that general medical & surgical hospitals possess well-developed healthcare infrastructure for the diagnosis and treatment of colorectal cancer. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT
Colorectal Cancer Treatment Market Regional Synopsis
Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East & Africa region. The market in the Asia Pacific is predicted to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period owing to the increasing awareness about colorectal cancer and the need to develop innovative cancer treatment solutions in the region. Furthermore, in 2021, the market in North America is evaluated to occupy the largest share in terms of revenue, owing to the high prevalence of colorectal cancer, accompanied by the presence of leading healthcare service providers in the region. Along with this, North America also has an increasingly ageing population, which is also expected to contribute to the market growth in the region. Alternatively, the market in Europe is also anticipated to occupy a significant share in the colorectal cancer treatment market on account of the rise in colorectal cancer diagnostic tests and a large presence of individuals suffering from colorectal cancer in the region. As per an epidemiologic study from the European Union, in 2018, colorectal cancer was ranked second among the deaths from cancer in Europe, with 98000 deaths in men and 79,400 deaths in women.
The global colorectal cancer treatment market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
Our in-depth analysis of the global colorectal cancer treatment market includes the following segments:
By Treatment Type
- Targeted Therapy
- General Medical & Surgical Hospitals
- Specialty Hospitals
- Rising Prevalence of Colorectal Cancer Globally
- Growth in Efficient Treatment Options
- Expensive Colorectal Cancer Treatment Therapies
- Lack of Awareness About the Disease in Lower Economic Regions
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Genentech, Inc.
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Eli Lilly and Company
- F. Hoffman-La Roche AG
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- Bayer AG
- Novartis AG
- Taiho Oncology, Inc.