Anti-Counterfeit Pharmaceutical Packaging Market Highlights 2020 – 2029
The global anti-counterfeit pharmaceutical packaging market is anticipated to gain a sizeable revenue and witness a significant CAGR during the forecast period, i.e., 2021 – 2029. This can be accounted to the increasing number of counterfeit products and growing demand for well-protected pharmaceutical drug packaging. According to the WHO, 1 out of every 10 medical products in developing countries is counterfeited or substandard. Amongst all the regions in the world, 42% of the reports came from Africa. Along with these, rising emphasis of manufacturers to safeguard their brand identities and stringent government regulations to prevent illegal drug channeling are also expected to drive growth to the market in the near future. Furthermore, development of innovative technologies for identification and authentication of medicines is estimated to provide impetus to the market in the coming years.
The anti-counterfeit pharmaceutical packaging market can be segmented by technology into mass encoding, security printing & graphics, holograms, RFID, and security ink coatings. Out of these, the mass encoding segment is projected to hold a significant market share during the forecast period, owing to its excellent product tracking solution in several nodes of the supply chain management. However, the segment for RFID is estimated to register highest growth by the end of 2029, which can be attributed to the better tracking features and product security of this technology. Additionally, on the basis of feature, the segments for covert & overt features are evaluated to grow with a notable CAGR during the forecast period. This can be credited to the increasing adoption of covert & overt systems as they are able to offer authenticated packaging in the form of a visual representation or any other comprehensive method which is extremely hard to copy without a particular detection device.
Global Anti-Counterfeit Pharmaceutical Packaging Market Regional Synopsis
On the basis of regional analysis, the anti-counterfeit pharmaceutical packaging market is segmented into five major regions, including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa. The North American region is predicted to account for the largest share in the market by both value and volume during the forecast period, owing to the rising focus on promoting the use of sustainable anti-counterfeit packaging alternatives and the presence of the majority of key players. However, the Asia Pacific is calculated to record immense growth during the forecast period on the back of the growing realization among consumers that has led to them to become more aware regarding what they are buying before consumption, which in turn is also estimated to increase the demand of these packaging in this region. In addition, rising adoption of security technologies for medicines in China alone is also expected to drive market growth in the region. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT
The anti-counterfeiting pharmaceutical packaging market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
Our in-depth analysis of the anti-counterfeit pharmaceutical packaging market includes the following segments:
- Security Printing & Graphics
- Security Ink Coatings
- Mass Encoding
- Tampered Evidence
- Forensic Makers
- Overt Features
- Covert Features
- Track & Trace Technologies
- Strict Policy and Regulatory Landscape Leading to Rising Demand for Anti-Counterfeit Pharmaceutical Packaging
- Rise of Development Innovate Technologies for Pharmaceutical Packaging
- Expensive Setup of Anti-Counterfeit Pharmaceutical Packaging Systems
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- CCL Industries Inc.
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- AlpVision S.A
- SICPA HOLDING SA
- Applied DNA Sciences Inc.
- ATL Corp.
- Alien Technology, LLC
- Authentix, Inc.
- Impinj, Inc.