Polyurea Coatings Market Overview
Polyurea is an organic chemical compound, produced from the reaction of amine terminated polymer with isocyanate. Polyurea looks like a rubber or plastic compound. Since decades, polyurea has been used for lining and coating purpose. These coatings are flexible, durable and impact & corrosion resistant. Polyurea coatings are also used to waterproof the tanks, reservoirs, tunnel and parking garages.
Market Size and Forecast
Global polyurea coatings market is anticipated to flourish at a CAGR of 12.7% during the forecast period 2017-2024. Further, the polyurea market is expected to garner 1.3 Billion by the end of 2024. Wide scale application of polyurea coatings in construction and industrial sector is driving the growth of the global polyurea market.
In the regional platform, North America accounted for more than 36% market share of overall polyurea coatings market. Reconstruction activities in the region are anticipated to be the dynamic factor behind the growth of polyurea coatings market in the North America region. Stringent environmental rules and regulations are resulting in high adoption for polyurea coatings in production and construction industries. Europe is projected to witness modest growth rate during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the presence of automotive industries in the region. CLICK TO DOWNLOAD SAMPLE REPORT
Asia Pacific is expected to showcase lucrative growth and is likely to make significant contribution to the global polyurea coatings market. Moreover, Asia Pacific polyurea coatings market is projected to grow at highest CAGR during the forecast period. Rapid development and growth of industries and real estate is expected to fuel the growth of polyurea coatings market in the Asia Pacific region.
On the basis of raw material, global polyurea coating market is segmented into aromatic isocyanate based polyurea coating and aliphatic isocyanate based polyurea coating segment. Aromatic isocyanate based polyurea coating segment accounted for the largest share in overall polyurea coatings market. However, aliphatic isocyanate based polyurea coating is expected to propel at a higher CAGR than aromatic isocyanate based polyurea coating.
Our in-depth analysis has segmented global polyurea coatings market into the following segments:
- Pure Polyurea Coating
- Hybrid Polyurea Coating
By Raw Material
- Aromatic Isocyanate-Based
- Aliphatic Isocyanate-Based
- Transportation (Aerospace, Rails and Automotive)
- Building & Construction
Global polyurea coatings market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers & Challenges
Rising adoption of polyurea coatings due to its high strength, long life and waterproof features is expected to drive the growth of the global polyurea coating market. Additionally, increasing application of polyurea coatings in aerospace, automotive, infrastructure and oil & gas industries is predicted to trigger the growth of global polyurea coatings market. Apart from this, high investment in infrastructure sector in developing regions is envisioned to bolster the growth of global polyurea coatings market.
Rising inclination of the population towards environment friendly products is growing the demand for polyurea coatings. Polyurea coatings are environment friendly as they do not contain volatile organic compounds (VOC’s). Further, polyurea coatings are available with anti-microbial agents which prevent the product from degrading. These are the some of the factors which are fuelling the demand for polyurea coatings across the globe.
In contrast, high cost of polyurea sprayer and equipment is expected to inhibit the growth of global polyurea market. Further, availability of cheaper alternatives such as expoxies is anticipated to limit the growth of global polyurea market.
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- BASF SE
- Company Overview
- Key Product Offerings
- Business Strategy
- SWOT Analysis
- Versaflex Inc.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Nukote Coating Systems
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Specialty Products Inc. (SPI)
- Armorthane Inc.
- Wasser Corporation
- Kukdo Chemical Co., Ltd
- Huntsman Corporation
Scope and Context
Overview of the Parent Market
The global polyurea coatings market is segmented as follows:
- By Type Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Raw Material Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Application Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
- By Region Market Size & Y-O-Y Growth Analysis
Supply & Demand Risk
Porter’s Five Force Model
Geographical Economic Activity
Key Players (respective SWOT Analysis) and their Strategies and Product Portfolio
Recent Trends and Developments
Industry Growth Drivers and Challenges
Key Information for Players to establish themselves in current dynamic environment