Global Paper Cups Market Highlights over 2022 – 2030
The global paper cups market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of ~4.5% over the forecast period, i.e., 2022 – 2030. The growth of the market can be attributed to the increasing use of paper cups for serving fast food and beverages to reduce plastic waste, along with increasing consumption of fast food. Owing to the fast-paced and busy lifestyle in urban settlements, people often prefer ready-made fast food. The growing demand for fast food has raised the demand for paper cups for serving or packing the food items, such as, coffee, bakery items, and others. Moreover, paper cups are also being extensively used in transportation industry for serving water, tea, coffee, and other beverages, which is estimated to boost the market growth. The growing population, combined with rising per capita income, will improve the ability of people to buy packaged food, which is anticipated to boost the market growth. Furthermore, paper is recyclable and biodegradable, which is a greener alternative to plastic cups, which is estimated to boost the market growth. According to the UN Environment report, only 9% of all plastic waste gets recycled, while over 79% gets dumped in water bodies or end-up in open garbage dumps.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
The market is segmented by type into air pocket insulated, poly-coated, wax-coated, and others out of which, the wax-coated segment is anticipated to hold a notable share in the global paper cups market over the forecast period on account of better durability of wax-coated paper for serving beverages. Moreover, wax-coated paper cups are more environment friendly than poly-coated paper cups, as they can be easily recycled, which is another major growth driver for the segment.
Global Paper cups Market Regional Synopsis
On the basis of geographical analysis, the global paper cups market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa region. The market in the North America region is anticipated to gain the largest market share throughout the forecast period owing to the growing fast-food industry in the U.S. and Canada, backed by the busy lifestyle of the citizen in these countries. As per the report by National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 36% to 40% people consume fast food on any given day in the U.S.
The market in Asia Pacific region is estimated to witness modest growth over the forecast period on the back of presence of major paper manufacturing companies in the region, supported by easy availability of raw material and cheap labor in the region. Moreover, the growing fast-food industry in the region, along with high consumer base for the food is estimated to upsurge the demand for paper cups in the region.
The global paper cups market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
Our in-depth analysis of the global paper cups market includes the following segments:
- Air Pocket Insulated
By Paper Type
By End-Use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Event Management
- Increasing Use of Paper Cups in Fast-food Industry
- Increasing Environmental Awareness Amongst People
- Slow Adoption Rate, especially in Remote Areas
- Use of Harmful Chemicals in Manufacturing Paper Cups
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- The International Paper Company
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Pactiv Evergreen LLC
- Frugalpac Limited
- Ecologic Brands Inc.
- JUST Goods, Inc.
- Choose Packaging
- Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd.
- Genpak, LLC
- WestRock Co.
- Coveris Holding S.A