Introduction to Mushroom
Mushroom is a fungus which has a stem, cap and gills. Mushrooms are source of various nutrients such as selenium, vitamins and potassium. Mushrooms contain very less amount of gluten and are fat free. Mushrooms usually have short lifespan and its cultivation is different from other plants owing to the lack of chlorophyll.
Market Size and Forecast
The global mushroom market is observing robust growth on account of increasing disposable income and changing food habits, thereby driving the demand for mushroom. Advancement in food industry in the past few years and growing preservative processes regarding mushroom is projected to drive mushroom market. Additionally, growing population is also expected to propel the market growth of the mushroom market globally.
The mushroom market is segmented into the mushroom types into button mushroom, shiitake mushroom, oyster mushroom and others. Button mushrooms are gaining popularity owing to its more availability, thriving the growth of mushroom market. On the basis of product mushroom market is segmented into fresh and processed mushroom. Fresh mushroom is expected to contribute highest market share to the global mushroom market.
As per CBS StatLine Databank, the global consumer price index (CPI) of mushroom has decreased from 2012 to 2017. This has increased the demand for mushroom. The high consumer price index of USD1.3 in 2012 has dropped to USD0.85 in 2017. The global mushroom market is anticipated to record CGPA of 8.7% during the forecast period. The mushroom market is expected to reach a value of USD 70 billion at the end of the forecast period.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
Widespread Technological Advancement
Government and international agencies are continuously investing on research and developments for improving the mushroom quality. Biotechnology holds a vital role for the mushroom breeding process. Biotechnological advancements is expected to drive the mushroom market during the forecast period.
Rising Health Awareness
Changing food habit changes coupled with growing awareness regarding healthy diet is projected to flourish the growth of the market. The mushrooms contain less fat and cholesterol which increases the demand for the mushroom. Mushroom are rich in nutrients such as vitamins and minerals .This is expected to drive the market growth of mushroom during the forecast period.
The mushrooms are very delicate owing to its short lifespan. It can be preserved by various preservation techniques which increases the cost .Thus, limited shelf life of mushroom is expected to hinder the growth of mushroom market.
Our-in depth analysis of the global mushroom market includes the following segments:
By Mushroom Type
- Button Mushroom
- Shiitake Mushroom
- Oyster Mushroom
By Product Type
- Fresh Mushroom
- Processed Mushroom
On the basis of regional analysis, global Mushroom market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa region.
In Europe, mushroom is expected to witness high demand during the forecast period. The high demand for healthy food coupled with the increasing demand for mushroom in European countries.
Asia Pacific is the highest growing mushroom market on account of rising population coupled with the increasing demand for nutritious food in the region. This is expected to drive the mushroom market over the forecast period. In Asia Pacific region countries such as China, India and Japan is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period on the back of increasing demand for various cuisine during the forecast period.
Global mushroom market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Top Featured Companies Dominating The Market
- Weikfield Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- California Mushroom Farms Inc.
- Banken Champignons
- Agro Dutch Industries Ltd.
- The Mushroom Company
- Drinkwater Mushrooms Ltd Bonduelle
- Ecolink Baltic
- Modern Mushroom Farms
- Kulkarni Farm Fresh Pvt. Ltd.