Gigabit WiFi Market Highlights 2020 – 2029
The gigabit WiFi market is estimated to garner a substantial revenue by growing at a noteworthy CAGR over the forecast period, i.e., 2021 – 2029. The growth of the market can be attributed to factors such as the rising need for faster data transfer and enhanced internet connectivity, and the increasing number of portable smart device users in the world. It is predicted that the total number of smart phone users will increase by almost 1 billion from 2019 to 2023. Apart from improved speed, wireless gigabit is also capable of offering high-level of accuracy and security, which in turn is expected to boost its demand in the near future. Wide adoption of WiFi hotspot devices across facilities such as enterprises, educational institutes, and hospitals, is also anticipated to drive market growth. In addition to these, growing dependency of companies of online gaming, media/entertainment, research and financial aid domains to offer increased Ethernet bandwidth to customers, is also projected to offer lucrative opportunities for market growth over the forecast period.
The market is segmented by product type into display devices, network infrastructure devices, networking devices, and consumer electronics, out of which, the segment for network infrastructure devices is anticipated to exhibit significant growth in the global gigabit WiFi market in view of the rise in demand for using 60 GHz frequency band and the escalating need for devices with high data throughput. Furthermore, based on protocol, the 802.11 AC segment is assessed to grow at the highest rate over the forecast period on the back of its ability to provide convenient wireless LAN solutions to users in workspaces. As 802.11 AC internet protocol offers better speed and improved bandwidth coverage with lesser number of dead spots, the growth of this market segment is predicted to witness a hike in the near future.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
Global Gigabit WiFi Market Regional Synopsis
Regionally, the gigabit WiFi market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East & Africa. The market in Europe is estimated to witness a notable growth over the forecast period which can be attributed to the availability of cost-effective wireless gigabit products and growing demand for developing next generation smart devices. Increasing research and development activities in the field of wireless technologies is another crucial factor promoting the growth of the market in this region. In 2018, the total spending on research & development by the European Union was calculated to be approximately USD 360 billion. Moreover, North America is evaluated to acquire the largest market share during the forecast period on the back of early technological advancements, wide adoption of WiFi hotspots with higher frequency spectrums and strong presence of leading market players in the region.
The gigabit WiFi market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (U.S. & Canada) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of Latin America) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Netherlands & Luxembourg, NORDIC, Poland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis
Our in-depth analysis of the gigabit WiFi market includes the following segments:
- System on Chipx
- Integrated Circuit Chip
By Product Type
- Display Devices
- Network Infrastructure Devices
- Networking Devices
- Consumer Electronics
- Broadband Wireless
- Corporate Networks
- Smart Cities
- 802.11 AC
- 802.11 AD
- 802.11 AY
- Rising Demand for Faster Data Transfer
- Increase in the Usage of Portable Smart Devices
- High Production Cost of WiFi Gigabit Chipset
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Intel Corporation
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Sivers Semiconductors AB
- Broadcom Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Blu Wireless
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
- Tensorcom Inc.