Anti-neoplastic are the drugs that prevent growth of any abnormal tissue leading to cancer. The drugs pass into the human body and destroy cancerous cells. These drugs are also used in conjunction with surgery, radiotherapy and immunotherapy for solid tumors. The anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents are also known as cytotoxic agents .The changing lifestyle across the globe is increasing the chances of cancer which leads to high demand for the anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents from pharmaceutical companies. Additionally, companies are continuously developing new products in order to develop efficient drugs against numerous cancer conditions.
Market Size and Forecast
The global anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents market is anticipated to expand with CAGR of around 9.0% during 2017-2027. It is projected to reach significant market size by 2027. The growing incidence of cancer coupled with the rising cost effective measures to treat the disease is anticipated to increase the market size of anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents during the forecast period.
The global anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents market is segmented on the basis of type of cancer, type of agents and region. Moreover, on the basis of cancer type it is segmented into lung cancer, bladder cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer, leukemia, gynecological cancer and other cancer types. The most prevalent type of cancer among the individuals is the lung cancer. It contributed around 15% of total cases of the cancer. Chemotherapy is used in order to tackle lung cancer. On the basis of type of anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents it is segmented into hormones and antagonists, microorganism products, plant products, antitumor antibiotics, alkylating agents, antimetabolites and natural products.
By region, global anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa. North America is anticipated to lead the global anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents market on the account high prevalence of cancer cases coupled with rising demand for the cancer remedial drugs. However, Asia-Pacific is anticipated to be fastest growing region on the account of increasing awareness about the side-effects of the cancer coupled with rising diagnosis device regarding the cancer.
Our in-depth analysis segmented the global anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents market in the following segments:
By Type of Cancer:
- Lung Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Gynecological Cancer
- Other cancer types (Testicular Cancer, Bone Marrow Cancer, Colon Cancer, Eye Cancer, Osteo Sarcoma)
By Type of Anti-Neoplastic Pharmaceutical Agents:
- Hormones and Antagonists
- Microorganism Products
- Plant Products
- Antitumor Antibiotics
- Alkylating Agents
- Natural Products
Global anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
Growth Drivers and Challenges
The various growth drivers associated with the anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents market are increasing number of cancer patients across the globe. Additionally, growing demand for the cost effective treatment is anticipated to play significant role in the expansion of anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents market. The increasing investment by the key manufacturers in order to develop wide range of anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents is anticipated to drive the market growth of the anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents. The changing lifestyle among the growing population is also increasing the incidences of chronic diseases such as cancer. Moreover, government is also taking initiative such as favorable reimbursement policies to prevent the growth of cancer in the various the regions across the world.
However, lack of awareness about cancer in the various regions coupled with technological complexities with the existing diagnostic examination is anticipated to hinder the market growth of global anti-neoplastic pharmaceutical agents.
Top Featured Companies Dominating The Market
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Pfizer Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Accord Healthcare