Global Mobile Hotspot Router Market Overview
Mobile hotspot is a pocket-sized wireless router that enables multiple wi-fi enabled devices to connect with a single router. The main use of a mobile hotspot router is to provide connectivity to multiple users in order to reduce over-all cost of internet services. Mobile hotspot convert 4G signal to wi-fi is allowing a wide range of devices to access data from the internet. Mobile hotspot router provides connectivity within a range of 30 to 33 feet. Mobile hotspot router reduces the risks that are possible when anybody enters the password and banking information over a free public wi-fi network. It can also be used while travelling, increase in average time spent in traveling, including the time spent commuting to work and journeys, has boosted the demand of mobile hotspot router market across the globe.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
Market Size & Forecast
The global mobile hotspot router market is estimated to reach over USD 5.1 Billion by the end of 2023 witnessing a compound annual growth rate of 20.2% over the forecast period i.e. 2016-2023. In terms of volume, global mobile hotspot router market has crossed 90 million units in 2015.
Projecting a share of 40% in total volume consumption in 2015, Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global market over the forecast period followed by North America and Europe owing to the increasing number of mobile subscribers and high internet penetration. In 2015, North America and Europe together accounted revenue share of 55% to the global mobile hotspot router market.
Bundled devices segment is anticipated to contribute highest market share over the forecast period, the segment accounted for 70% share of total volume consumption in 2014. Standalone devices segment is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment over the forecast period.
Mobile hotspots are equipped with features such as power bank and GPS for location identification process, not all devices in the market are equipped with these features. However, mobile hotspot manufacturers are focused on developing technologically advanced products with long battery life and wide range of connectivity.
Global Mobile Hotspot Router Market Segmentation
Global Mobile Hotspot Router Market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers and Challenges
The era of digitalization is changing the environment of enhanced connectivity infrastructure. Internet has become an integral part of day to day life and business. Owing to the 3 billion internet users world-wide, the need for better network infrastructure will further expand the demand for mobile hotspot router across the globe.
Increasing use of electronic gadgets such as laptops and tablets coupled with the emerging wireless technologies such as 3G and 4G is driving the need for the network infrastructure, this will further spur the demand for mobile hotspot over the globe. Development of e-commerce such as online shopping through portable devices also contributed to impulse growth to the mobile hotspot router market
Increased security over public wi-fi access point, advantage to access wireless internet from anywhere at any time, features such as inbuilt battery and memory space are some factors that are attracting consumers towards the use of mobile hotspot router.
Issues related to authentication, security, low connectivity, network performance, network management in mobile hotspot router may hamper the growth of mobile hotspot router market.
Top Featured Companies Dominating the Market
- Huawei Technologiesss
- TP-LINK Technologies
- ZTE Corporation
- Beetel Teletech Limited
- Belkin International, Inc.
- Novatel Wireless, Inc.