Global Digital Radiography Sensor Market Overview
Digital radiography by the use of detector restoring produces a digitized image without resorting to processes of chemical revelation thus differing from conventional radiography using film. The obtained image contains information relative to the easing of a beam from an X-rays source or a gamma source and this in every point or pixel of the image. The technologies of detectors and digital sensors offer solutions for photonic radiations of energies scaled between tens of keV and several MeV.
Digital radiography presents numerous advantages such as a big dynamics bounded to a mostly linear response; a quasi-immediate availability of the image; an interactive parameter setting the examinations devices; operations of post-treatment on the images in order to improve their quality; the availability and the sharing of the images on local or distant stations. Digital radiography covers completely the field of conventional industrial radiography by adding the “real-time” applications (treatment and interpretation of the images obtained in live by an operator) and the "fast" imaging (acquisition of images of fast phenomena with treatment and interpretation of the images in slow motion).
Market Size & Forecast
Digital Radiography Sensor Market is anticipated to record a significant CAGR over the forecast period. Out of many traditional systems available for projecting radiographs, digital radiograph sensors are being used globally. Thus, digital radiography sensor market is taking over other traditional radiograph market since 1990s and the trend is expected to be followed during the forecast period as well across the globe.All over the world since three decades, traditional computerized radiography market has been extensively replaced with digital radiography sensor market. This was due to the invention of direct digital radiography using charged-couple device in 1990s and many technological advances over the time, hence leading to alarming growth rate of digital radiography sensor market.
On the basis of regional platform, global digital radiography sensor market is segmented into five major regions including North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa region.North America followed by Europe dominates the digital radiography sensor market globally. In both America and Europe, digital radiography sensor market is driven by the fact of involving developed countries, having strong infrastructure for healthcare facilities, awareness and initiative taken by government in use of imaging systems with minimum exposure to harmful radiations and tremendous growth in hospitals, medical industries, and research institutes.
There has been a high pace of growth of digital radiography sensor market in the last decade in countries such as India, China and others due to various advancements in technology owing to increase in medical tourism, improvement in healthcare facilities and medical research provided by government. Dental intraoral sensors in digital radiography are expected to be leading hand in digital radiography sensor market growth worldwide, in the near future.
Our-in depth analysis of the global Digital Radiography Sensor market includes the following segments:
- Computerized Radiography (CT)
- Direct Digital Radiography (DDR)
By Data Storage
- Digital chip/hardwired sensors
- CCD (Charge Coupled Device)
- CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Sensor)
- Digital wireless sensors
- PSP (Phosphor Storage Plate)
By Image Conversion
- Direct image conversion
- Photoconductor- a:Se
- Indirect image conversion
- Scintillator- Csl
- Storage Phosphor- BaFBr:Eu2+
- Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- Research and Development Centers
Global Digital Radiography Sensor Market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
Growth Drivers & Challenges
It has been found that use of digital radiography sensors have reduced radiation exposure to about 20 to 80% due to which major concern such as exposure to harmful radiations in patients and radiologists in imaging systems is minimized greatly. This has been found to be a major driver in growth of the digital radiography sensor market. Additional factors impelling digital radiography sensors market positively are real time results in case of emergencies, user friendly and low cost of tests. Furthermore, less exposure time to radiation, shorter scanning time and readily available portable systems are additionally propelling the digital radiography sensors market rapidly. Digital radiography sensor market is governed by high productivity, examination of more patients in less time, elimination of costly films, and superior image quality with less background noise helps provide more accurate results. Digital radiography sensors are popular amongst radiologists which is thus undeniably driving the digital radiography sensor market.
However, the cost constraints associated with digital radiography sensors is expected to hinder the digital radiography sensor market growth in lower income or developing countries.
Top Featured Companies Dominating The Market
- Canon Inc.
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- SWOT Analysis
- Carestream Health Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Fujifilm Medical Systems
- Hitachi Medical Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Philips Healthcare
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Siemens Healthcare
- Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation