Automotive chain tensioners are device which are used to maintain the chain tension and also used to transfer torque consistently. Automotive chain tensioners reduce the noise and vibration, reduces the wear and tear of the chain and also enhance the life of the drive parts. The automotive chain tensioners are used to reduce the shocks incur while carrying heavy loads. Automotive chain tensioners may require adjustments and are available in various shape and sizes. It can handle extreme temperature fluctuations and are widely used in heavy machinery equipment, automobiles and bicycle.
Market Size and Forecast
The global automotive chain tensioners market is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during 2018-2027. It is projected to reach significant market size by 2027. The expansion of automotive sector across the globe is anticipated to propel the market growth of the automotive chain tensioners.The global automotive chain tensioners market can be segmented on the basis of product type and tensioner type. On the basis of product type, it is sub-segmented into ETS Type, TCS Type and TA Type. ETS type includes straight type chain tensioners and product with idler sprockets. TCS type includes swing type chain tensioners and product with idler sprockets. TA type includes straight type and product with plastic shoes. On the basis of tensioner type, it is sub-segmented into automatic, manual, tension ring spin and floating. Automatic tensioner type is anticipated to be the fastest growing sub-segment on the account of increasing usage of automotive chain tensioners by various OEM’s. Manual contributes the largest market share of the automotive chain tensioners on the account of increasing usage of manual chain tensioners especially in two wheelers such as bicycle and motorcycle.
By region, global automotive chain tensioners market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Asia-Pacific region is witnessing rapid industrialization and major OEM’s in the countries such as China and India is focusing on increasing the manufacturing of two wheelers which further increase the demand for the automotive chain tensioners during the forecast period. Moreover, Asia-Pacific region is followed by Europe on the account of expanding automotive industry. The growing demand for the two wheelers in the region is also a reason for the expansion of the market.
Our in-depth analysis segmented the global automotive chain tensioners market in the following segments:
By Product Type
- ETS Type (Straight Type, with Idler Sprocket)
- TCS Type (Swing Type, with Idler Sprocket)
- TA Type (Straight Type, with Plastic Shoe)
By Tensioner Type
- Tension Ring Spin
Global automotive chain tensioners market is further classified on the basis of region as follows:
- North America (United States, Canada), Market size, Y-O-Y growth Market size, Y-O-Y growth & Opportunity Analysis, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Rest of LATAM), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Europe (U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland), Poland, Russia, Rest of Europe), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Rest of Asia-Pacific), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis
- Middle East and Africa (Israel, GCC (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman), North Africa, South Africa, Rest of Middle East and Africa), Market size, Y-O-Y growth, Future forecast & Opportunity Analysis.
Get more information on this report: Download Sample PDF
Growth Drivers and Challenges
The increasing demand of automotive chain tensioners by OEM’s coupled with rising manufacturing of two wheelers in the developing countries such as China and India is anticipated to boost the demand for the automotive chain tensioners during the forecast period. The increasing manufacturing of commercial and passenger vehicles worldwide is an also major growth driver for the global automotive chain tensioners market. Automotive Chain Tensioners provides opportunities for the aftermarket services which have increased maintenance services of the chain tensioners during the forecast period. The various OEM’s are investing on producing automotive chain tensioner which has long life and has high quality durability with enhanced composite material.
However, the automotive chain tensioner cannot bear fluctuation of load and may suffer damage which is the major challenge to the global automotive chain tensioners market. Additionally, chain tensioner requires continuous lubrication and cannot bear harsh environmental conditions which are also anticipated to restraint the market growth.
Top Featured Companies Dominating The Market
- Yamaha Motor Company Limited
- Company Overview
- Business Strategy
- Key Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Risk Analysis
- Recent Development
- Regional Presence
- KMC Automotive Transmission Co., Ltd.
- U.S. Tsubaki Power Transmission, LLC
- Toolee Industrial Technical Inc.
- Pricol Limited
- Madler GmbH
- Nozag AG